Saturday, February 04, 2006

Green Eyed Monster

I have special feelings towards jealousy. The most admirable thing I see in a boy is the lack of jealous. I had gone out on a couple of dates with this guy I liked but didn't particularily see a fit with, his name was James. James was nice and jolly, actually one of the few people that jolly actually applied too. One day, I was having a few people over to my house for a dinner that he called in the middle of. I promised him that I would call him back after things wound down. When I did call him, I told him that a male friend of mine would be sleeping in my bed that night and that I would like to sleep with him, due to lack of blankets and the fact that I lived in an industrial loft with cement everything and crappy heating. It was cold, so I was faced with sleeping with a friend in a cozy bed with an electric blanket and down duvets or the couch with a throw. He knew the status of my loft, but not the status of my friendship. James asked a few questions about my friend; questions like if I had any romantic desire towards him, and if we had a past. Since all his questions were answered negative, James told me that he was okay with us sharing a bed, but that he trusted I would leave if I started to feel any desires or if I felt that my friend was indicated he was. The way that he handled the situation just made my heart go *squish*. James and I started a serious relationship a few days later.

I hate jealousy. But I am a little ashamed to say that I can be quite jealous at times. If someone flirts with me at a party and then flirts with someone else, gets shot down and then comes back to me. I will have internal glares at them forever almost. I am thinking of you, Phil, you are a jackass.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jealousy is like a box of chocolate. You never know... uhm... well it stinks.

I've seen jealousy tear relationships apart, in fact it's probably the main thing that ruins relationships/friendships... it may indeed be the root of all evil.

10:21 p.m.  
Blogger Lacking Latin said...

Well, I wonder if perhaps you love his *trust* in you, rather than his lack of jealousy.

Jealousy, I think, would be key to a passionate relationship- if I had a wife, I would be jealous of her; no one else would have her.

That does *not* mean that I don't trust her to have friends, because I fear she will give herself away; rather, jealousy would be the kind of thing that would motivate me to protect from any predator.

I'm a christian, actually; and there is more than one reference to G-d being a jealous G-d. One such reference is in the first chapter of...is it Nehemiah? One of the "N" Old testament books.

Anyways, jealousy, I think, comes hand in hand with passionate love; and can a love exist that is not passionate?

I would think not.

.Timothy

12:58 a.m.  
Blogger Kat said...

Love can exist without passion. Are you passionate towards your Grandmother? I have been in a few relationships where there has not been passion, but there has been love. This may be the reason that I am still single, who knows.
I think also that if their is trust there is not jealousy. Would you be jealous of your wife hanging out with her brother? Probably not, because you trust nothing will happen in the circumstandce.

8:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home