Friday, February 24, 2006

Bouncers have more fun

On Thursday, I went with my friend Luc to go looking for drag queens. Luc is a big and brawny bouncer. He is also tied for first place in a radio contest called Snap Happy http://radiosonic.fm/contests/snap_happy_day1.php. It is a digital scavenger hunt. Everyday, there is a different chore that gets a different photo assignment, from high fiving a senior (bonus points for being over 100) to being in a freezer at the grocer's. On day nineteen the assignment was to get your picture taken with a drag queen. He seemed to think that I would know something about that, I don't know why.
So while we are walking in between gay bars on our hunt, this guy walks up to Luc and says, "HEY, I know you!" all excited.
"Are you sure? You don't look familiar," questions Luc.
"Yeah, you are a bouncer right?" the guy seems really excited and happy.
"Uh, yeah,"
"Cool," the dude is way too excited. It is like a drag queen getting to meet Cher, you almost expect him to start peeing on Luc's leg. "You kicked my ass on New Years Eve"
Luc is a funny chap, he has more personality than the state of Ohio. He starts to giggle, a good look on a big man. "Really? Glad to help you out with that, I am glad you are so happy about it."
Dude is still beaming, I was hoping he would ask for Luc's autograph. But alas, they made parting comments and kept walking.
Am I too girlie? It is too much for me to imagine having such a jovial conversation between bouncer and bouncee. I loved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home