Sunday, March 26, 2006

Karma won't let me sleep

My friend Eric, of the last post, is moving to Alberta this month. So, he had his house up for sale and hand booked 16 viewings in one day. I had to work the day of the multi-viewings, and I also had to sit around and gnosh and have a bevy or two; so, I didn't get home until 1am the next day. Even though it is 2 hours later where he is, I still gave him a call to see how it went. He was sleeping or something, whatever it was, he didn't answer the phone. The jackass. I felt bad for trying to intrude upon his sleep at 3am.
That is ok, beacuse karma got me back hardcore a few hours later. I was nestled all snug as a bug in my bed, quite unconscious when...
THE FIRE ALARM GOES OFF!! I tried to ignore it. I tried to sleep through it. Eventually I began to suspect that there might actually be a fire so I put on some pants and a shirt and waddled over to get my jacket. I stepped into the hallway. There were all sorts of men running around in the hallway trying to turn off the fire alarm. Apparently, I was in no danger of catching on fire, so I could go back to bed.
When I returned to my bed I noticed that it was 3am. I guess that was karma getting me back for trying to wake up a friend.
What is worst is that when Eric woke up at 9:30am (7:30am my time) he decided to call me 5 times until I picked up the phone and told him I wanted to sleep. He is a very nice boy, so he did let me sleep. Until 8:30am, when he decided to call again.
I have learned my lesson, Karma and Eric will get me back if I try to make a very early morning call.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bored of the blog already eh?

1:51 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home