Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Bit of Sass Can Get You a Job

The restaurant that I work in has been undergoing some renovations. Whenever I have an opening shift I have to step around spacklers and tile workers and painters. They are fun to joke around with. I was teasing one of the painters about his erectile dysfunction, one day last week. I know painters can suffer from it because my friend Nick got it bad one year. It is from all the neurotoxic solvents that they use, then wash their hands in and just generally infest their bodies with. This painter kept saying that that was not true, it can't be because he has three kids and all that. I think he was enjoying all the talk about his penis.
He made a comment that with a mouth like mine, that I should work in the trades. We started talking about them. I had been looking into cabinet making online. Since highschool, it has always been one of my fantasies to make furniture. I told him all about it.
I guess his boss had been listening, as he walked up to me and said, "I will hire you"
He told me a bit about the job. In my mind it basically worked out that it was the girliest type of carpentry out there, which is good because I don't want to kill myself for any job. Not too much working outside in the winter, and none of the grossness of plumbing.
I think I am going to have to do it. A little more research is in order though

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home