Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Painter got Fired

I am singlehandedly responsible for the renovations at my restaurant being delayed. The painter from http://ichyforebrain.blogspot.com/2006/03/bit-of-sass-can-get-you-job.html got fired for talking inappropriately. The cook (Jen) told me the entire story.
Jen asked Rick (my future boss) what all the tradesmen were doing in the restaurant. The painter had told her that it would be only him left as we were pretty close to being done. Rick told her that they were getting quotes for another painter because they had released the painter from his contract. We all liked him in the restaurant, so she asked why. Rick told her that he was talking inappropriately to a waitress, and that he was working slowly. When asked which waitress, he said my name. Jen was rather shocked as she has met me and my inappropriate mouth. I am hardly a delicate talker.
I thought back on some of our conversation gems, the erectile dysfunction, Jerome ( http://www.chapter9photography.com/) and his decide to cut off his finger to be cool, lots of stuff that Jerome has done to be cool. Maybe those were what did it, but I was the initiator in all these conversations. I checked with my restaurant boss, I am allowed to talk inappropriately as much as I want.
I figure it is a possibility that what we were talking about was not the problem. The problem may have been that the discussions happened while I was setting up the restaurant in the morning. For the conversations to happen, he had to follow me around the restaurant while I wiped off yesterdays crumbs, and set tables. You can't get a lot of painting done when you are a puppy dog.

PS. Lets make this an even more reference filled entry. I have never met Jerome, but Ella (http://cherriescabaret.com/wordpress/) told me those stories about him. Ella is one heck of an amazing chick. Read her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm blushing! Back atcha hon, and thanks for the link, I'll make sure to return the favour :) It's great to see you blogging, you're a great writer & storyteller. I'm looking forward to my regular dose of wild Kat stories!

5:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home