Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hostesses made my day TWICE

As a waitress, I work with quite a few beautiful hostesses. They are nice girls, I like them. The problem with beautiful girls is that they are not always smart. The most beautiful girl is Annie, she is surprisingly the most un-smart (bad grammar was intentional there). Today, one of the waiters fucked something up, so he started singing the Homer Simpson song "I am so smart, S-M-R-T"
I guess Annie had never seen the Simpsons, as she did not catch the reference. She asked the waiter what the song was. He explained that it was funny because he is claiming to be so smart, but then spells a simple word wrong. Annie then asks "Then how are you supposed to spell it?"
That comment made my day, especially when a few minutes later, she came back and said,
"I got it now, you spell smart s-m-A-r-t." She is an adorable girl, and very sweet, but the level of pride she had in spelling that word just made me crack up even more.

It was a big day for the hostesses. Another one of them, one I will call Emma,(because that is her name) is actually quite smart. I think she feels the need to play up her dumbness to fit in with the others. She is one of the smartest dumb people I know, think about it-that sentence makes sense. We were talking about our cats. Everyone at the restaurant has a cat with an M name it seems. Hers is Marmalade, mine is MopKat (after me, and that she looks like a mop). I am pretty sure that she doesn't know as many words as she thinks she does, she wrote on the reservation board:
Marmalade + MopKat = Moot Point.

I am pretty sure that this is not the case. Someone tell me if I am wrong. Are 2 cats the same as irrelevancy or whatever fancy way there is to define a moot point.

1 Comments:

Blogger MooJester said...

Here is a moo point :

there is a way to map letters to numbers so that you can do addition.

I'm pretty sure that would however be entirely irrelevant.

8:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home