Friday, March 30, 2007

You Sexy Tool

The last post before the first day of work…
Let us talk about tool shopping. Heck, tools sure can be sexy. I fell in love with a hammer. I think we may be getting married in a few months. As it was, I went for the second best. There is a fancy little sucker that weight only 15 ounces and it’s made of titanium. She was only $330. A sexy little beast called a stiletto. Well, according to that it is only $249.95, but that is American. If I cared enough I would do the translation, but I don’t. I can’t wait for my $50 hammer to break. I went to go visit my cousins framing crew and one of the guys had one of the fancy stiletto ones, and swinging it compared to my hammer was night and day. I suspect mine will kill my arms and shoulder. We will find out tomorrow night, won’t we?
A friend of mine told me that a new tool belt is like a new baseball glove. Only the unsavvy would see fit to use them. I am proud to say that I got the oldest one in the books, I got it repaired. It is so old. So at least I won’t look geek in all regards. I went to go pick it up at the leather workers. While the guy was looking for the hammer holder that needed fixing, this diva chick walked up, probably to pick up some heels. When he put my stuff on the bench, the girl asked me what my thing was. I told her that it was a piece of my tool belt. She asked me “That looks pretty hardcore, what do you do?” I exaggerated a little bit and told her “I am a carpenter.” Tee hee.
She gave me the very first “You go, girl!!” in my whole life. It really lightened my day. Even if I am not really that close to being a carpenter, sometimes a little white lie just feels good.
I wish I had a project this weekend so I could bust up some stuff.
Anyway, I am beginning to suspect that I am getting too excited. I will surely be let down if I let this continue, so I am going to watch some depressing romantic comedies and go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home